Wonderful Creations. July 2014

This is the first of my new series of posts devoted to displaying and archiving the finest creative audio visual creations I find each month.

So here we go,




First we have two fantastic shorts by producer and director Chris Capel

  Naptime! from Chris Capel on Vimeo.


Living With Jigsaw from Chris Capel on Vimeo.



This incredible skateboarding short has some of the most unique urban skateboarding cinematography I have ever seen.

Urban Isolation from Russell Houghten on Vimeo.



This one may not be the best, but it carries an important message, from Charles Bukowski, on living.

All The Way - a Charles Bukowski poem from Willem Martinot on Vimeo.



I immediately fell in love with the band that this video was made for: Timber Timbre.

Timber Timbre - Beat the Drum Slowly from Full Time Hobby on Vimeo.



This is a look into the inner structure of nature and technology. A must for photographers and enthusiasts.

Verschleif from Laurin Döpfner on Vimeo.



Next I want introduce Jeremiah McDonald. This man is a genius in my opinion and does not get the amount of appreciation that his work deserves. I am including all my favorites from his youtube channel.

A fantastic satirical look at the youtube phenomenon from the point of view of the content creator.


"Scald Beg Germs"  It is just too awesome to describe.


I am including the dialogue in text format, because it is awesome!!


(Note 1: A new line is an apparent skip in the film.)

It was a perfectly ordinary morning!
That these were just normal chicken eggs.
"Do not scramble."
As you see, here. ["TIME"]

(Note 2: The allcaps word "TIME" is shorthand, meaning: "The man holds up an egg - the word "TIME" is on its shell, in magic marker.")

Now, I'm the same as everyone else!
Well, I say "normal"...
I've never met a chicken that wondered what would happen
Except for the eggs.
That twelve o'clock was followed by two minutes past twelve before
Six of them left outside my door
There's a fey artistic type, lives down the hall
With a note attached to their container
Chickens are good bureaucrats
Before one minute past twelve came along. [Man is... frustrated?]
As you see, here. ["TIME"]
Why a chicken?
I'd like to pretend there was some epic adventure involved
"Time," crudely written on their sides in magic marker
I'd heard the old myth
Of the Time Chicken.
"Do not scramble"?!! [Man is annoyed, in disbelief.]
As you see, here. ["TIME"]
That there's a chicken, at the exact center of the known universe
And yes, I'd thought of this "myth"
Now I claim no expertise on poultry... but-
Closer inspection revealed that each of the six shells had the word "time" 
In getting ahold of these eggs.
With a note attached to their container
I'd like to say they were dragon's eggs!
Because chickens almost wholly lack imagination.
They don't have the dexterity
That regulates time with its mind. [Said condescendingly.]
Stolen from a nest
Why can a chicken be hypnotized by a straight line of chalk
And yes, I thought of this "myth"
Chickens can be relied upon not to think laterally.
They don't have the dexterity
As I stared at my surprise eggs and pondered breakfast.
A hoax perpetrated by a neighbor
Chickens are sequential thinkers, which makes things easier
Drawn in front of it?
As you see, here. ["TIME"]
So, naturally, I assumed this was all a human invention.
"Hi, did you enjoy the eggs?" [Pantomiming left.]
She was my prime suspect.
"Yes, I did, thank you." [Pantomiming right.]
Chickens are sequential thinkers, which makes things easier, for everyone concerned.
Because it's dazed by the beauty of order.
I chuckled to myself.
"Do not scramble"
"You didn't scramble them, did you?" [Pantomiming left.]
A well-meaning, honest omelette can become a smashed omelette
I didn't want to put myself in a position where I'd have to lie to the woman
It was a character test.
Just as I've never known a chicken to have an imaginative thought
I'd be tempted to scramble the eggs and lie about it.
I've never known a chicken to write the word "time" in magic marker o-
As you see, here. ["TIME"]
I thought this was her eccentric way of making a connection with me
Who'd given me the eggs
Smashed doesn't really cover it anymore
Quite by accident
On the side of an egg
With too much time and too many eggs on their hands
I chuckled to myself
But things can go wrong with omelettes sometimes.
Maybe she'd set this up to see if I'd be tempted
So I resolved to make an omelette, instead.
You didn't intend it
So that's my story
I think you know me well enough by now
I'm sorry to my neighbor
I thought about the conversation that might follow
Scramble the eggs and lie about it.
A well-meaning, honest omelette
I'm not the kind of man who will refuse to scramble an egg
As you see, here. ["TIME"]
For scrambling the eggs
On the basis of a warning and some old legend.
Become a smashed omelette
But I am polite.
By accident, become more and more smashed
But as far as I can tell, no harm came of it...?
I didn't mean to
You didn't intend it, but you have scrambled your eggs.
I hard-boiled this one! ["TIME"]
As you see, here. ["TIME"]
[The man smashes an egg ruefully off-camera and is frozen in place in all remaining frames.]


This next one is a very accurate representation of inner creative struggle. Yes, sometimes it is this noisy inside my head too.



This last one of Jeremiah's projects is one of those films that, in retrospect, almost every filmmaker wishes he could make.



I suggest checking out his channel, he has so much more to offer.


I do love me a good western!

The Gunfighter from Eric Kissack on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular Posts